Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/22/2011 - Foiled Again!!

Determined to not repeat last weeks failure, I gave the scope 138 clicks (5 more than last week) in an attempt to score hits on my target at 1000 yards.  Conditions were very similar to last week.  The temp gauge on the truck registered 29 degrees.  I squeezed off 5 rounds of Black Hills Match 308 from the Savage 10FP, using the Vortex Viper Scope.  It's pretty disappointing to drive all the way over to the hill, and then hike up only to find that you have not registered a single hit in the paper for the second week in a row!  As you can see, the elevation was pretty good, but I got pushed off to the left.  From the thermals that I could see in the scope, I didn't think that would happen, but there was a slight breeze at the target when I was checking it out.  I didn't notice any breeze when setting the target up, and there didn't seem to be any wind from my firing position.

No comments:

Post a Comment