Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/15/2011 - Live and learn

Early this morning, before the sun came out, I set up another target at 1000 yards.  The last successful attempt at 1000 yards had been on October 1st 2010, and the dope on the Vortex Viper scope with these 308 loads was 133 clicks.  I knew that it was colder today, but I didn't know how much that would affect the bullet trajectory so I used the same input of elevation.  As you can see from this picture it produced less that desirable results.  You can see that all 4 of my shots were low.  The density of the air had a dramatic effect on my shots.  I think it was about 25 degrees when I was shooting.  133 clicks was not enough for today's conditions. Gun: Savage 308, shooting Black Hills Match 175 gr. with the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44
 Somewhere off in the distance is my target at 1K yards.
This is a view from where the target was.

No comments:

Post a Comment