Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/10

Today Dad and Lynn came out with me to shoot. Lynn wanted to shoot her 9mm, so we did that too. Dad brought his .243 and him 7mm Rem. Mag, and we shot both of them. I shot my .308, .223, and my .40.

I set up the box at my 425 yard tree stump, and Dad stayed there in the ravine just in front of the target with one of my 2 way radios to call back my shots. Using 2 weeks ago as a guide, I dialed up 30 clicks of elevation on the scope. The first three shots landed in a 5-6 inch group right and low of the bulls eye. Dad called back on the radio a suggestion of 6 inches left and 4 inches up. So I moved the scope 6 inches up and 4 inches left. The next 3 shot group landed about where I would expect having just given the adjustments to the scope.

In summation, today's shots didn't land in as impressive of a formation as I was able to print 2 weeks ago, but still 2 good groups considering the range.  The 3 shots on the paper are the grouping after I adjusted the scope.   They show a 4 inch spread from top to bottom and about 3 1/2 from side to side.  Given the range, this is just slightly better than a 1 MOA grouping (4 inch spread at 400 yards would be 1 MOA.  Since these shots were taken at 425...well, you get the idea.) The 2 others right by the measuring tape are from the first grouping.  I cut the first one out just to make the card board smaller.  It was also a 1 MOA group.

No comments:

Post a Comment