Wednesday, December 17, 2014

LWRC IC-SPR

This post has been a long time coming for my first piston driven AR-15, but here it is. Behold the LWRC Individual Carbine Special Purpose Rifle.   The original owner put bought this one as a duty weapon (he's an officer in Provo) but never actually put it into service because his role switched and he now needs a SCAR 17 in 308 Win.  Before I got it, he upgraded the stock to a Magpul UBR stock.  While it definitely adds some weight (a little over a pound) over other stocks, and makes this AR fairly heavy all "kitted out" (9.8 lbs), it's a really nice gun.  I have added the angled fore grip, sling, Surefire light, and the Vortex scope.  The magazine is one of the 12 Lancer L5 AWMs in FDE that came with the rifle from the previous owner.  He told me (and I believe him looking at the internals) that he had shot less than a magazine thought it.

Here is a pic I snapped with my phone tonight to test the rifle out on a hike up some steep hills behind the neighborhood. You can see Utah Lake in the background there.  It's all Cerakoted in FDE.  I have upgraded the charging handle beyond the BCM Gunfighter it came with to a Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle.  I still need to replace the muzzle device, and I'm going to get a different pistol grip. After that it will be pretty much set for action.

I really love the lower since it's fully ambidextrous with both catch/release and the magazine drop on either size of the weapon.  The 300 Blackout upper I have will work great with this lower although I may have a guy that wants to buy that upper from me.  I sold the Spikes Tactical lower to him to "thin the safe" a bit, but he may also want the upper too.  If he calls back and gives me a good price on it, I'll let him have it an find another 300 BLK down the road.  I like the idea of having options in calibers. 
LWRC IC-SPR in 5.56mm with Vortex PST 1-4 scope

No comments:

Post a Comment