Tuesday, April 22, 2014

3 Fork Trail Ride - April 19th 2014

I had planned on doing the Monk's Trail up Diamond Fork Canyon on Saturday after we did an Easter egg hunt with the kids, but the trail has not been opened up for the season yet.  So instead, I ended up on the 3 forks trail.  This is a really fun ride with a couple of technical spots and one challenging spot.  It's affectionately called the "Cliffs of Doom" by my buddy Scott who has seen a few bikes end up down in the river 50 feet below.  I've now been up and down it twice (after this ride) and made it both times, but you could easily break something (on your or the bike) while trying to make it up the off camber cliff.  Anytime you film something, it doesn't really do the angles justice, so trust me, this gnarlier than it looks :)

So if you are interested here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j8ta92wZ_I


1 comment:

  1. I could do this on my mountain bike. Probably better. I just hope I don't spill my leather sack of organic granola on the big bumps....

    ReplyDelete