Saturday, February 12, 2011

2/12/2011 - It Ain't Easy

For the 3rd time in a row shooting at 1000 yards, I failed to produce a shot in the paper.  It was about 23 degrees, no noticeable wind, but I did have a slight mirage in the scope as the area began to warm in the early morning sun.  I shot eight shots total.  I was using the Savage 308 with Black Hills Match 175 grain bullets.  The scope was the Vortex Viper.  I was using 138 clicks of elevation in the scope to start out.  On the 5th shot, I finally saw a little splash of snow and realized that I was shooting high and left (too bad that the shot I saw was the worst of the day, just above the text... it caused me to over correct, since you can see that the scope elevation setting was almost dead on).  I dialed back down to 134 clicks, and entered 2 clicks of right windage and shot 3 more shots.  I'm not sure if the second grouping seen in the photos (the one at the right base of the target) consists of 2 or 3 shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment