Saturday, January 2, 2010

1/2/10

Today I shot my .243 Ruger in to this Huggies Diaper box at somewhere between 300 and 400 yards.  The marker on the target would have you believe that this was 400 yards, but because of the fact that I was just stepping it off in the snowed over sagebrush, it's really just a guess.  My gut tells me now (knowing some other distances at the shooting range), that it was less than 400, but I digress. 
I didn't know where to aim exactly.   The Burris Ballistic Plex reticule on my scope gives you some reference points, but all that depends on the exact bullet that you are shooting on any given day.  I was just guessing which line to use for the first few shots.  Then, seeing that I was shooting high (after a long hike and back), I decided to split the difference between two of the lines in the scope.  There are a couple of good shots in there when you realize that this was accomplished with basically just "holding over".

No comments:

Post a Comment